waeijiro-fpw is a FreePWING script to convert the "Waeijiro" dictionary into JIS X 4081 format.
"Waeijiro" is a Japanese-English dictionary provided by the EDP (Electronic Dictionary Project).
This simple script depends on the FreePWING package, which generates JIS X 4081(subset of EPWING) format dictionaries.
Perl 5.6 (or later) and Jcode.pm are also required.
- Version 1.1 (2003/6/9, README)
- Added support for waeiji62.txt
- Added charcode selection on terminal (for Cygwin)
- Version 1.0 (2002/3/27)
To convert the "WAEIJIRO" dictionary, you need about 900MB of disk space.
The size of converted dictionary is about 185MB (uncompressed) or 80MB (compressed with ebzip).
The installation prodecure is following:
- Extract the WAEIJIRO dictionary of plain text format (WAEIJI52.TXT or WAEIJI62.TXT) from the EIJIRO CD-ROM.
A self-extract archive is at <path-of-CD-ROM>/eijiro-original/ of the CD-ROM.
- Download the waeijiro-fpw package and extract it to proper directory and enter the extracted directory.
- Edit "Makefile" and change the path to WAEIJI52.TXT.
If your platform is Cygwin, modify the charcode to `sjis'.
- Type `fpwmake'.
- Type `fpwmake catalogs'.
- Type `fpwmake install'.
- Type `fpwmake clean' to clean up the working directory.
- Compress the dictionary using eb-tools, if you want.
- Setup your dictionary-lookup software.
This package is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
under the terms of the GNU General Public License
as published by the Free Software Foundation;
either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
Back to the top page.
FUJIWARA Teruyoshi <email@example.com>